the list was inspired by a friend (thanks Cookie!) & her challenge to us while reading what amounts to a light cheezy sit-com like book. Nothing wrong with the book, read it, didn't mind it but it wasn't the content or the story line that intrigued me, however original-ish it was. It was the after thought, the leftover feeling of what WILL my mark be on this planet? Who AM I, what DO I want out of life? Time ain't slow'n down!
Hence, the list-ish. It is my "list-ish" simply because I cannot commit myself to making it entirely indelible (not to be confused with 'inedible', though it is that too I suppose). Life & circumstance is ever changing. Mayhap, more or less will be added or amended; what if I strike it rich ... am I really still going to want to learn to sew?!
In no particular order necessarily:
1) Learn to play my harmonica
2) Return to London, uk.
3) Travel - give family the experience of travel, culture, diversity within
4) Find nice home for our cats - they deserve that
5) Respect my child's right to health, get rid of the cats asap to any old place
6) Write more, more often, different capacities -CHECK-ish = am doing to some degree, hooray!
7) Publish blog -CHECK! I finally did this one almost 2 years after having started a blog, I continued to add to it AND make it public. I have another friend to thank for inspiration on this one. Thanks Mama T! :)
8) Library/Literary Studies
9) Work in a library or book/literature environment
10) Write children's stories with lesbian/gay families in mind
11) Learn as many languages as possible -quasi check, have a good handle on francais, less espanol, can sing in portuguese!, very little chinese & japanese, working on german & hebrew
12) Paint; water colour, oil, wine, etc.
12a) Woodworking-Check-ish=underway!
13) Practice tai chi or yoga "regularly"
14) More capoeira
15) Work on (start) my child's scrap book
16) Change tattoo (alter, replace...)
17) Adhere better to diabetic diet
18) Learn to sew/take sewing class
18a) Knit more/take knitting workshop
19) Do Aids Walk for Life fundraiser
20) Endeavor to never ever make anyone feel small, inadequate, undeserving ... you get the idea -Check-ish; being a human being, is a constant discipline
21) Change outdoor light bulb
22) Be Ellen & Portia's gal pal
Thursday, 24 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Love it! I totally need a list. You go, blogger friend!!
xo
Post a Comment