Christmas time, calorie wise, is the most dreaded for many women. Who among us doesn't indulge in the season's best holiday provisions.
But not me.
Oh, no-no! I don't mean that I don't partake in stuffing my face full of goodies, because I most certainly do. In fact, I insist! What I don't take part in is the calorie counting. Nah, de facto! this is the time my body seems to need the most calories and I am only too happy to humour myself.
This notion was put to the test for the better part of Autumn; uh huh, cold & flu season. Which reminds me, I have also another item I have occasionally been luxuriating in ... scotch ... and let me tell you, if ever there was a cure for a sore throat ... TA DAAA!
Okay, dropped a few pounds over the Fall months, not many. Enough to reduce my bosom size (but not so much my buttocks size. hrmph).
So then, gorge on festive foods, gain weight back, perhaps 'and then some'.
Now. We walk almost everywhere. Oh, correction I walk everywhere; pushing a stroller, pulling a wagon, or a sled full of child, child's stuff & any stuff we had to collect along the way. Say 50lbs on average. Add to that the 10 lbs of parka, 15 lbs of boots & the incredibly challenging terrain!!! And there you have your post holiday diet strategy.
Yesterday, we carted off about 30 lbs of library books to the library (& brought at least as many back home). Love, love LOVE the people who don't bleep'n shovel! Its so sweet of them to make other arrangements (NOT) when/if they can't clear the public walkway. So okay, align spinal column properly, engage hip flexors, tighten abdominals and begin mountain march to get from my house to the corner. Haaa ha, the corner. M-hm, huge mountain. Scale while trying to keep all goods on the sled intact, take running leap, throw legs wildly through the air to increase distance. It also helps the landing hurt less when the hips are disjointed from their socket by the velocity & weight of the boots pulling your legs during flight.
Uh oh, here comes another mountain range as we cross another street. Align spinal column, hip flexors, run, leap, land (hopefully upright). Repeat.
By now, I have lost a few pounds of sweat, I am wheezing, have taken asthma inhaler 3 times and shed my parka.
We reach the home-front. I have caught pneumonia, bye bye another 10 lbs! Ah, I'm kidding. I won't be getting pneumonia this winter. Remember? I have that scotch ;-)
This should give me ample opportunity to fatten up for bikini season!
Sunday, 24 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's too funny! I walk as much as possible, too and I'm always wondering, "stroller or sled?" Some shovel (stroller) some don't (sled). Either way it'll be a tough go 50% of the time. Today Emily took her bike out - she can't wait any longer! - so I put baby in the snuglee. Much better. Except that I had to kick the back of the bike through the unshoveled bits of terrain. Oh well. At least it's nice out!
Post a Comment